You can buy Vyvanse online here on Royal Pharmaceutical
Drug Description of Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine)
Vyvanse, is a central nervous system stimulant prescription medicine that is a derivative of amphetamine. It is mainly used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in people over the age of five as well as moderate-to-severe binge eating disorder in adults. Vyvanse is taken by mouth. Its effects generally begin within 2 hours and last for up to 12 hours.
Uses Of Vyvanse
- Lisdexamfetamine is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as part of a total treatment plan, including psychological, social, and other treatments.
- It may help to increase the ability to pay attention, stay focused, and stop fidgeting.
- Vyvanse may also be used to treat binge eating disorder (BED). It may help to reduce the number of binge eating days.
- This medication is a stimulant. It is thought to work by restoring the balance of certain natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
Dosage and Administration
General Instructions For Use
Take VYVANSE by mouth in the morning with or without food; avoid afternoon doses because of the potential for insomnia. VYVANSE may be administered in one of the following ways:
Information For VYVANSE Capsules:
- Swallow VYVANSE capsules whole, or
- Open capsules, empty and mix the entire contents with yogurt, water, or orange juice. If the contents of the capsule include any compacted powder, a spoon may be used to break apart the powder. The contents should be mixed until completely dispersed. Consume the entire mixture immediately. It should not be stored.
Information For VYVANSE Chewable Tablets:
- VYVANSE chewable tablets must be chewed thoroughly before swallowing.
VYVANSE capsules can be substituted with VYVANSE chewable tablets on a unit per unit/ mg per mg basis (for example, 30 mg capsules for 30 mg chewable tablet).
Do not take anything less than one capsule or chewable tablet per day. A single dose should not be divided.
Dosage For Treatment Of ADHD
The recommended starting dose is 30 mg once daily in the morning in patients ages 6 and above. Dosage may be adjusted in increments of 10 mg or 20 mg at approximately weekly intervals up to maximum dose of 70 mg/day.
Dosage For Treatment Of Moderate To Severe BED In Adults
The recommended starting dose is 30 mg/day to be titrated in increments of 20 mg at approximately weekly intervals to achieve the recommended target dose of 50 to 70 mg/day. The maximum dose is 70mg/day. Discontinue VYVANSE if binge eating does not improve.
Side Effects of Use
Common side effects of Lisdexamfetamine include loss of appetite, anxiety, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, irritability, and nausea. Rare but serious side effects include mania, sudden cardiac death in those with underlying heart problems, and psychosis. It has a high potential for abuse. Serotonin syndrome may occur if used with certain other medications. Its use during pregnancy may result in harm to the baby and use during breastfeeding is not recommended by the manufacturer